Disney+, the DTC streaming service from The Walt Disney Co., launched a limited test experience that allows subscribers to shop for exclusive merchandise from brands (including "Star Wars," Marvel, Disney and Pixar) directly on the streaming service.
For a limited time during the holiday season, Disney+ subscribers can visit shopDisney.com/Disneyplusspecialaccess, or shop from the details pages of select movies, series and shorts directly on the streaming platform by scanning QR codes.
“Special access to this curated collection of merchandise for the upcoming holiday season is the latest example of the many ways we experiment with how to improve the user experience on Disney+, which includes enhancing the benefits of being a subscriber,” said Alisa Bowen, president of Disney+, in a news release. “We’re excited to collaborate with shopDisney to explore how we can potentially better serve our audiences by expanding the ways they get to interact with the stories and characters they love on Disney+.”
During the test experience, the Shop tab that takes people to the shopDisney page will be available to Disney+ primary profiles in the U.S. that are 18 and older.
Special access will grant Disney+ subscribers early access to products including:
- The Mandalorian darksaber legacy set
- Luke Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi Battle of the Heroes legacy lightsaber set
- Ahsoka Tano legacy lightsaber hilts signed by Ashley Eckstein (voice of Ahsoka in “Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels”)
- Ahsoka Tano special-edition doll signed by Ashley Eckstein
- Doctor Strange cloak
- Scarlet Witch ear headband
- Black Panther collectible mask and “Black Panther: Wakanda Forever” artist series jacket.
Additionally, Disney+ subscribers will have exclusive access for shopDisney made-to-order merchandise, including new T-shirt and sweatshirt designs from Disney’s “Frozen 2” and Disney and Pixar’s “Lightyear.”